So what is the best way to shop for the holidays? Locally, of course. When you shop local and buy local, not only are you helping to support small business owners in the Topsail, NC area but you’re also giving the gift of uniqueness and local flair that you won’t find at the big retailers—whether you shop the mass markets online or in-store, it just isn’t the same.
In support of the “Shop Small” movement and to encourage you to shop locally, we’re highlighting the best shopping in the Topsail, NC area where you’re sure to find the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday list.
This is Part 2 of our Topsail Guide to the Holidays, so if you missed Part 1 on the best festive Topsail events, you can read all about it here!
Topsail Hometown Christmas Local Discounts
Hometown Christmas is a Shop Local campaign in the Greater Topsail Area that runs through December 20th where local Chamber of Commerce businesses give back to the community through charity drives and giveaways, holiday open houses, Santa sightings, special holiday events and more—while also promoting the Shop Small movement by providing discounts to local shoppers in the Hampstead, Sneads Ferry, Holly Ridge, North Topsail Beach, Surf City and Topsail Beach areas.
Visit the Topsail Chamber of Commerce Hometown Christmas page or like and follow Hometown Christmas on Facebook for the latest updates and information. There are a many specials happening right now, so don’t miss out!
Holiday Gift Ideas for Topsail Beach Lovers
Would you like some holiday gift giving inspiration for the special people in your life? We have them! Here are some really unique and very memorable gift-giving ideas for everyone on your list. Our local Topsail retailers have a little something for everyone. Make your list and check it twice!
Here are some of the best Topsail gift ideas that you can shop for and buy locally:
- Adopt or sponsor a sea turtle on behalf of someone: The Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center offers the gift of adoption or the chance to sponsor a sea turtle in a loved one’s name. The sea turtle hospital gift shop also has a nice selection of gift items for the sea turtle lovers in your life.
- Artwork or handcrafted items: Give the gift of artwork from a local NC artist, hands-on classes, art supplies or frame something special to give as a gift this season. Art Exposure and Coral Cottage Boutiques are wonderful places to shop for some artistic local treasures. Carolina Shores Natural Soaps offers handcrafted skincare and beauty products made in Carolina with the highest quality ingredients and perfect for gift giving.
- Gourmet NC food specialties: Give the gift of local flavor and a taste of NC with gourmet treats from some of our favorite places. The Bumblebee Market and Mia’s Marketplace offer local and regional flavors that are sure to please.
- Home & garden decor: From hammocks and rocking chairs to tide clocks and weather instruments, you can give the gift of Topsail style by shopping at Beach Furniture Outfitters, The Gift Basket/Topsail Island Trading Company, Southern Emporium, and It’s a Topsul Thing where you’ll find plenty of ways to give a gift of the beach or find that whimsical conversation piece that brings a little bit of Topsail to any home or outdoor space.
- One-of-kind jewelry: Many of the local gift shops also sell handcrafted jewelry from local artists. You can also visit Tommy J Designer Jewelry (formerly Mystic Treasures) for rare and unique jewelry designs created on-site. They also offer state-of-the-art custom design services for a personalized gift like no other.
- Pampering: Give the gift of pampering! Everyone loves a little time to relax and receive some TLC. Our Topsail area day spas and wellness services are wonderful ways to show someone you care. Give the gifts that they most likely won’t give to themselves!
- Restaurant or shopping gift cards: You can’t go wrong with a gift card to one of your favorite Topsail Island restaurants or local retailers. Gift cards make those hard-to-shop-for people in your life much easier to find gifts for.
- Sports outfitters, lessons or experiences: Topsail Island offers plenty of places to find gifts for the sports enthusiasts in your life. Stop by Herring’s Outdoor Sports, Southend Outfitters, or any of the local surf shops and see what they have to offer. Whether it’s actual sporting goods, brand name activewear, fishing gear, surfing lessons or a paddling excursion out on the local waters, the local sports shops have a nice selection of gift options.
- Sweet treats: Who doesn’t love a sweet treat? We have some delicious little Topsail shops and eateries that offer amazing gift giving opportunities. Whether it’s a gift card or an actual treat you’re giving, there are plenty of ways to do it. Check out our favorite places to find the yummiest sweet treats on Topsail Island.
- Topsail area day trip or cultural experience: Don’t underestimate the power of an experience this holiday season. It’s the gift that keeps on giving and provides a lasting memory that will be cherished for a lifetime. Choose from local adventures like a visit to the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher, hop aboard the Battleship USS North Carolina, or take a day trip to Poplar Grove Plantation. These are only a few of the many local experiences and adventures you can share with those you love.
- Topsail beach vacation for your family: Last but certainly not least, you can always give your family the gift of a Topsail beach vacation to look forward to next year. Plan it early and you’ll also give the gift of anticipation as you count down the days until you’re all here on our beautiful Topsail beaches with your toes in the sand. Check out these vacation planning tips to help get you started!
Topsail Island Gift Shops & Local Retailers
If you’d like to read more about our Topsail Island businesses, take a look at the Topsail Chamber of Commerce List of Retailers and Gift Shops for some local favorites. All that’s left to do is shop ’til you drop. We have what you need here in Topsail, NC for everyone on your holiday list. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Where’s your favorite place to shop locally in the Topsail, North Carolina area? We would love to know! Our comment section is always open.