A fun night out on the town during your Topsail, NC beach vacation is easy to find with all of the options that are available to you—and all right near your Topsail Island rental. The hardest part is deciding what you want to do most! Whether it’s date night, a special occasion or just a regular part of your beach vacation, nights out on (or off) the island are always a hit. Check out some of the best ways to go out and experience what the area has to offer.
Drinks, Dinner & Live Music
The first thing that comes to mind when we’re talking about going out on the town are the local favorites in Topsail that are the perfect spots to enjoy a bite to eat, sip an adult beverage, and listen to live music.
Topsail Bars & Breweries Offering Live Music:
- Brass Pelican, Surf City: Known for its laid-back atmosphere and dive bar status, you can enjoy a cold drink, tasty bar food, live music, the outdoor area and a come-as-you-are atmosphere here.
- Hopsail Island, Surf City: This full service bottle shop and tap room serves up some of the best and most unique beer (and wine) on this island—and all with a smile coupled with friendly service. Check out their event schedule, too.
- Lo-re-lei’s Pub & Grill, Sneads Ferry: Go off island for this one and enjoy a full menu and some really cold beer. Lo-re-lei’s also offers live music, karaoke contests, dance parties, as well as pool and darts tournaments.
- Quarter Moon Wine Bar, Topsail Beach: The Quarter Moon is not just for coffee and books! They have a wine bar complete with live entertainment. Check out their event schedule and see who’s playing.
- Rick’s Restaurant & Sports Bar, Sneads Ferry: Drive over the bridge and go off island for Trivia Night or live music at Rick’s. Come for dinner and stay late at this local favorite.
- Salty Turtle Beer Company, Surf City: Locals love the Salty Turtle and you will too. Enjoy this brewery and taproom complete with a beer garden. You can even bring your own food in with you, if you please.
- Second Row, Surf City: It’s all about beer, wine and music here. It’s open mic all the time and they’ll even provide the instruments. It’s casual and totally captivating.
- Shuckin’ Shack Oyster Bar, Surf City: You can’t really have a quintessential Topsail beach vacation without fresh local seafood. You also can’t have romance without fresh local oysters—and they serve them up daily at Shuckin’ Shack. They also host “Sundays At The Shack” with live music on their pet-friendly patio every Sunday in June-August from 4-6pm.
- Swingbridge Cork & Brew, Surf City: Enjoy unique wines, craft brews, kegs for order and a lot of live entertainment in a fun, friendly atmosphere. Try a flight or a wine tasting while you’re here.
Romantic Restaurants Topsail Island:
- Beach Shop & Grille, Topsail Beach: The Beach Shop and Grill was founded in 1952 and is an historic landmark in Topsail Beach serving fresh local seafood, NC pork and the freshest produce. Enjoy this upscale casual bistro near the beach, where the seafood is freshly caught and prepared, the shrimp and grits are infamous, and the house-made desserts are to-die-for. There’s an amazing wine list and craft beer list, too, making it a wonderful place to spend the evening.
- Beauchaine’s 211, Surf City: Beauchaine’s casual fine dining and full service bar is a great place for drinks and dinner. It’s the perfect spot for date night, family dinners, special occasions and other celebrations. Outdoor seating is available, too. Reservations recommended.
- Daddy Mac’s Beach Grille, Surf City: Daddy Mac’s is located right on the beach offering awesome views of the Atlantic Ocean and Surf City Pier. They have a separate lunch and dinner menu that include the freshest seafood, great burgers, sandwiches and salads for lunch, quality steaks, excellent pasta dishes, as well as many other local favorites. No reservations are taken unless you have a large group.
These are only a select few of the many places available for your evenings out. We also recommend you check out TripAdvisor’s top picks for Topsail restaurants that give you even more great date-night dinner and drink destinations.
Perhaps you’re looking for something a little more active and adventurous for you and your date. We’ve got some wonderful suggestions for that, too! Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find a few fun ways to get out and enjoy your time together. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Putt Putt Golf: This is a quintessential beach vacation activity and a fun way to go out and refresh your putting skills. Patio Playground and Putt Putt in Topsail Beach as well as Shipwreck Miniature Golf in Surf City are your go-to putt putt destinations on Topsail Island. Perfect for families or just the two of you where good ol’ fashioned fun and festivities are offered for your playing pleasure.
- 18-Hole Golf Courses:If you’re an avid golfer, you’re in the right place. Topsail has some fabulous golf courses to tee it up and get your game on. You can read up on our Ultimate Guide to the Best Topsail Golf Outings right here.
- Water Sport Adventures: Kayaks, paddle boards, jet skis, charter boats and surf board lessons and rentals are available to you on Topsail Island. Get out there and paddle the local waters or set out on a sightseeing cruise or chartered fishing boat. However you like to get out on the water, you can find it here. Visit our Things To Do page for local recommendations and businesses to get you where you need to go.
- Romantic Walks on Topsail Beaches & Piers: With three separate but equally beautiful towns on Topsail Island, you can stroll your way around hand-in-hand with your sweetheart while taking in all of the breathtaking coastal scenery and gorgeous views that the island has to offer. Each town has a fishing pier where you can walk and talk. Each of our beaches also offers romantic walks to be shared each and every day. Read more about each of our Topsail towns and visit them all if you can.
Unique Topsail Experiences
If you’re looking for some suggestions for out on the town experiences that are truly unique to Topsail Island, then these are for you. They promise to give you a memorable time that will bring you fond memories of your Topsail beach vacation for years to come.
- Sneads Ferry Community Theatre: Come on out and enjoy a show! The Sneads Ferry Community Theatre is a fun and entertaining place for an evening out. These local productions are crowd favorites. Check out their upcoming performances and get your tickets.
- Topsail Skating Rink, Topsail Beach: Lace up your rollerskates and get ready to roll at this family-owned Topsail landmark that’s been in business for over 50 years. Rollerskate to 70’s and 80’s music every night from 7pm to 10pm. Ice cream, snoballs, smoothies and other snack options complete this classic date night experience.
- Topsail Escape Room, Surf City: Did you know that Topsail Island has an escape room experience? It does! It’s good clean fun for everyone. From families and couples to friends and coworkers, the Topsail Escape Room challenges you to get your mental game on! Work together and work out your escape. Will you succeed? There’s only one way to find out. Do it!
- Topsail Moose Lodge, Holly Ridge: The local lodge offers special events, dance classes, and one-of-kind local fun. See what’s happening here next time you’re in town.
- Turtle Factory Wine and Design, Sneads Ferry: Come to The Turtle Factory and paint a masterpiece while you snack and sip some wine. It’s a unique way to spend your time with your loved one or with a group of family and friends, and you’ll take a piece of Topsail home with you.
Well, these are our top suggestions for popular places to go out on the town and have a good time during your Topsail, NC beach vacation. Now that you know ours, we want to know yours!
Oh and one more thing….
Need a Babysitter During Your Topsail Vacation?
Topsail Childcare Solutions, Nanny/Babysitting Placement Agency: Need childcare while you’re on your Topsail, NC vacation? No problem! Topsail Childcare Solutions specialize in vacation babysitting. If you are vacationing in the Topsail area and would like a date night, or just some time to do activities that are not child-friendly, they can provide a babysitter for you for a $20 sign-up fee. You will get a sitter that has been interviewed, passed a background check, has references checked, and is CPR/First Aid certified. Find them on Facebook at the link above; or call/text (910) 789-4701 for more information.
Where do you go for a fun night out when you’re here? We want to add to our list of local favorites by hearing from you!